Watch Previous Episodes of Mind the Gap
Student Teaching: “Mind the Gap”
How, What, & Why – a practical webseries for young and future music educators, presented by Yamaha. A live series for music education majors whose student teaching experience was impacted by the novel coronavirus.
District administrators, music educators, principals, and fine arts administrators from districts around the country will make up the panels in each session.
Topics throughout the series will include:
- Rehearsal Pacing/Sequencing
- Classroom management
- Programming with contemporary issues in mind
- First-year teacher challenges
- Commissioning Composers
- Arts/Music Advocacy (Social Emotional Learning)
- Philosophy of Music Education
- Non-musical challenges facing first-year teachers
We hope this series will help student teachers “mind the gap” between their first classroom experience and student teaching amid COVID-19, and find support through the guidance of a network of mentor music educators.
Subscribe to the Podcast – Mind the Gap: For Young and Future Music Educators
Podcast version of the webinar, for listening on the go.